Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Past Week

Another week gone and I didn't blog as much as I wanted.  *sigh* Well, better late than never!  I'm going to post some pictures from playdates in the last week while my son watches Sesame Street: Sing yourself Silly! and my husband makes chocolate fondue (today is our anniversary - that post will come after this one).  Speaking of Johnny's movie, he is obsessed with it.  I mean obsessed.  All twenty minutes of its songs and fun.  He's always loved it but he has loved a lot more lately.  What is really great about it is that when he wants to watch it, he starts honking his nose and patting the top of his head - just like the Honkers!  This is awesome for two reasons: 1) it is just adorable seeing him do it and then get excited when he sees the Honkers in the movie, and 2) I was also obsessed with the Honkers when I was his age.  I would honk my noise and say "nooka-nooka".  I loved them!  Apparently my dad was with me one day while my mom was gone and I kept honking my noise and yelling "nooka-nooka" and getting frustrated because my dad didn't understand that I wanted to watch the Honkers.  When my mom got home she was greeted by my exasperated dad demanding to know what in the hell "nooka-nooka" meant?  So, I'm sure my parents will get a big kick out of the fact that their grandson is now equally obsessed with the Honkers. :) He will do everything the Honkers do in the songs - squeezing his nose, tapping his nose, and patting the top of his head.  He loves them and giggles every time.  He especially loves when mommy dances and sings along with him.  :) I love my little boy!  He is a mini-me in so many ways, my husband thinks we had a boy clone. Ha!  



Wednesday last week (July 7th) Johnny and I went to my friend Kristen's house for a playdate.  It was a laid back playdate with just my friends Kristen and Konstance and all of our boys.  It was fun to chat with my friends but the boys were oh-so-grumpy and fighting like brothers the entire time.  It made for an exhausting day but I'm glad I have great friends and that our boys are so comfortable with each other.  :)


















Friday John and I took Johnny to a new set of fountains not far from our apartment.  They are right behind the Museum of Nature and Science in City Park, and they are a lot of fun!   Instead of steady streams of water, these fountains shoot up randomly throughout this big circle of concrete and they spray really high in the air - I'd say twenty feet or so.  And they spray in spurts so you never know when the water is going to spray up.  Johnny had a BLAST!  He loved running around trying to chase the streams of water and especially loved it when one unexpectedly sprayed up and got him.  John and I had fun watching him and we even came in with him a couple of times.  It was a really nice way to cool off on a blistering hot day.  



















Yesterday we went to a playdate potluck at Kristen's house.  A lot of moms were invited but only a few of us were able to make it.  It was also a lot of fun! :) I brought a pasta salad and a pizza for the kids.  Everyone else brought dishes for the potluck as well.  Cecy - one of the other moms - brought these ice cream cupcakes from Coldstone that were amazing!  So delicious.  I can't stop thinking about them. I met a new mom at the playdate too named Kari, and Johnny took a liking to her baby. :)





























Other things I have been up to in the past week: making birthday invitations for Johnny's upcoming birthday party (photos coming soon, but there have been rave reviews over the invitations), finally getting around to painting wood letters for Johnny's bedroom (I bought the letters when I was pregnant and never got around to it...), trying a new country-style ribs recipe in the slow cooker for my husband, playing with my little boy, trying to get him to not say "Jessica" when he's annoyed (he doesn't know it is my name, but he thinks it is what you say when you are exasperated or annoyed since his daddy only calls me "Jessica" at those times; normally I'm "Jess" to John), dancing to the Honkers and other movies with Johnny, and preparing for an upcoming vacation to Washington (it will just be Johnny and me since John has to work, and this will be Johnny's first time on a plane - pray for me!).  Also, watching the little one sleep, because he's so darn adorable. :)





I hope you all are enjoying your summer as much as we are! :) I also hope you all are staying cool - we've been trying hard to do that in all of this heat!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh where to start? Okay. A. Very first picture, little boy in the blue and orange short outfit. CUTEST EXPRESSION EVER! HAHA! and of course

B. Johnny is SO cute and getting so big! I'm jealous that he'll run through the water! Brooke and Nolan want NOTHING to do with it! Not even when it's super hot outside!

C. I'm also jealous of your playdates. I always feel like I should be having more playdates, but truth is...I'm too scared to make new friends! I just want my old ones! Wahhhhh come back to Spokane!! LOL! Jk..kinda!

D.Mmmmm ice cream cupcakes! Way to ruin a girl's healthy diet!

E. Last one, I promise! LOL! The Jessica thing had me cracking up! That is too funny!

soul_searching_mama said...

We will have to do a playdate in August when I'm in WA! :)