Friday, December 4, 2009

"TodaysMama" Holiday Wish List Meme

 I am entering TodaysMama (see link below) Holiday Giveway.  Part of entering is to post this questionaire on your blog & then e-mail them the link.  So, here it is:


Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.


1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
I don't really have a holiday wish list per se, but these things are on my general wish list: sewing machine, cricut, professional camera, Adobe Photoshop, & a Kitchenaid Mixer.  That is more of a wish list for the next decade.  I'll be thrilled with books or whatnot for Christmas! :)
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
 A set of marble tile coasters for my wedding
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
Homemade soap or handmade baby items
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
My brain must not be working very well this morning, because I am having a hard time remembering a lot of specifics...we always had really nice Christmases thanks to my parents.  I guess of what I remember from my parents, it would be my first CD player.  My husband gave me a wooden rosary that was blessed by JPII when we were dating in high school (so technically not an adult), which I loved until it was stolen along with my purse.
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
My son is only 2 & too young to really have a wish list, but things he would enjoy: anything dinosaur, wood blocks, cars, Disney DVDs, books, art supplies, etc.
6. What is your favorite holiday food?
Anything with pumpkin in it or a spiral ham dinner.
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
Can't post that because family reads this blog. :) But I am hoping that my ideas will happen. :)  For my son, it doesn't matter if I post: felt food, a car travel mat (for playing with Hot wheels cars and the like), a crayon roll, among other things. I really want to make him a bean bag chair (I have a tutorial & design I really like), but that might be a birthday gift rather than a Christmas gift. :) 
8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
It is a tie between the classic movies (like "Rudolph") and "A Christmas Story"
9. Favorite holiday song?
"Silent Night"
10. Favorite holiday pastime?
Driving/walking around to look at Christmas lights & the tradition of each family member getting a new unique ornament every year for the tree (I have ones for myself all the way to my very first Christmas!).  I also really love Christmas Mass. :)

No comments: