Thursday, December 3, 2009

Superior Scribbler Award

Today I was given The Superior Scribbler Award from my best friend Katherine & her blog WA^Squared (really awesome blog about her adventures in WA D.C. with a five year fellowship with the Carnegie Institute to teach math--you should really check it out, and not just because she is my best friend, but because she is a beautiful person & a beautiful writer with some important insights about the public education system & life)!!!!  I am very honored to receive this award:



Here are the rules: (if you would like to see some rather colorful rules that Katherine added to these on her blog, click here)

1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to their five most deserving blogger friends.
2. Each Superior must link to the author and name of the blog from whom he/she has received the award.
3.  Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
4. Each blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List.  That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
5.  Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog. 

Here are my nominations:

1. Tia from Christopher & Tia: I love this blog, and I'm not afraid to admit it!!  Tia has a humorous writing-style and I adore her children--they are both really really adorable.  She writes about her family, life as a military wife, crafts (she is very artistic), gluten-free recipes she comes up with on her own (very impressive & makes me interested in gluten-free recipes even though we aren't gluten-free), Flashback Fridays (she hosts this, which if you read my blog, you know I take part in each Friday) and pretty much anything else that comes to her mind. :)  Even though I have never met her in person, I already feel like I know her and I consider her a friend.  She is definitely deserving of this award and I really recommend everyone checking out her blog.  (Oh, and she grew up in WA state too, which means she is automatically part of an elite group of awesome-ness!

2. Katherine from WA^Squared: So, she was the one who gave me this blog award, but being as how I also love love love her blog and she is my best friend since we were in elementary school, I figure she has to make my list of five blogs...even if that means she'll have two awards.  And I don't really feel all that bad about it either, considering she gave an award to the person who gave her one too.  (Great minds think alike?!)

3. Heather from Establishing Anti-Establishment: Another friend of mine from high school and the writer of a blog that I enjoy.  She has only been a blogger for a short time and she isn't a regular blogger, but her writing style is sarcastic & witty (reminds me of many of the conversations we had throughout high school about pretty much everything) and I enjoy reading it.  I am also looking forward to reading more of her blog as time goes on--she has a lot of things to say about the world and a unique perspective that is interesting, thought-provoking, and refreshing.  

4. Sarah from Cover Her Briefness In Singing:  I have only met Sarah once, a little over a year ago.  I found her randomly online when a good friend of mine had a miscarriage; I was looking for something online to help her...I don't know what I was looking for, but I came across Sarah's blog.  Sarah's blog is a blog about healing & loss, a blog in memory of her stillborn daughter Grace.  Her writing style is beyond beautiful and touches me so deeply--something that one isn't accustomed to on a normal basis.  When I read her blog, it is inevitable that I will cry, I will laugh, I will appreciate life, I will think about things more deeply than normal.  It is difficult to explain how much this blog touches me until you read it for yourself.  She is actually the reason I started a blogger profile--I wanted to keep up with her blog & be able to leave comments.  Eventually I decided I wanted to have my own blog, but it all started with her.  She has a gift of writing and I honestly believe that her writing is helping many women out there that walk around with the pain and loss of losing a baby.  When I first came across her blog she was organizing a school backpack/supply drive in memory of her daughter--she wanted people to prepare backpacks that she could drop off at the school that her daughter would have been starting Kindergarten at that year, had she still been alive.  That was the one time I met her...when I met her to give her the backpack I had put together.  She was a very nice woman, and I hope that someday I meet her again.  For now, her blog gives me inspiration and hope.  

5.  Konstance from My Life as a Young Mom and Housewife:  I met Konstance here in Denver not long after we moved here a few months ago.  She was one of the moms on the play date I went on at the Flat Irons Mall.  She is a really nice person and one of the couple friends I have here in Denver.  :)  Her blog is about her musings as a young wife and mother and she has a humorous & playful writing style that I enjoy reading.  (Also, she is the only person on this list that is not from WA--she is from Louisiana--so, that gives her a little extra credit, since I usually have a bias for Washingtonians.)
 ***
So, there you have it--my five nominations for The Superior Scribbler Award!! :)  For all of you who won, make sure you follow the rules above & thanks for being inspirational & superb bloggers! :) And an extra big thanks to Katherine--I love you & miss you (only about three weeks until we see each other!)!!!
 

No comments: