Monday, January 31, 2011

Too Long!

It's been far too long since I blogged last!  Every day I have a new to-do list and every day "Blog" has been near the top. For some reason life has been getting in the way, and I never seem to get around to it. Especially since I'm still trying to figure out the whole photo/storage thing I paid for yet can't seem to use yet.  Well, I'm tired of waiting! So much has happened the past few months and I'm sad that I haven't blogged about any of it, or tried to document the many adorable and clever things Johnny does all the time. :( I'm going to start making blogging a priority and as soon as I figure out the photo/storage thing (maybe tomorrow? John will be home because of a snow day, so he can help me!), I'll post photos. But I'm going to post no matter what...I'll assume that somebody out there cares to read what I write, with or without pictures (mom?). Anyone? No matter. This blog is more for myself and documenting my thoughts and our family's activities, so as long as I'm getting something down, I think I'll be happy. 

John is massively busy with school, working at the library, working at Whole Foods, and working for an internship. I'm busy raising the three year old, trying to be crafty, figuring out what I want to do in life, and dealing with a bunch of serious back issues.  Currently I'm suffering through a bulging disc that is pushing down on two of my major nerves in my spine, which is causing shooting pain and numbness from the waist down, and mainly concentrated on the left side of my body. It's painful, frustrating, annoying, and I just want it to be figured out. I finished a bout of steroids a few days ago and it hasn't done much to reduce the numbness (the hope was that the disc would reduce in swelling a bit and not rest on the nerves), but I have an appointment with a spine specialist/surgeon this week, and hopefully they'll be able to come up with a real solution that will help really quick.  Physical therapy is already a given, and possible back surgery in the near future. I'm praying that I don't have to have back surgery, and I'm trying to stay optimistic! Johnny is learning like crazy and being an adorable mischievous little boy. He is such a sweet kid and I truly enjoy being with him every single day. :)  Other than that, we're just kicking it in Denver until John graduates in June.  Right now we're experiencing a snowstorm and tomorrow the high is -1, but with the windchill will feel like -30!! How is that for awesome? I hate winter.  Luckily some good has come from it, because John had a snow day today and has one tomorrow, and he never gets complete days off. We're enjoying every minute of it! 

John's waiting to watch a movie with me, since the little one is in bed now. I will be sure to blog tomorrow. And hopefully John will have figured out the photo situation...I have a lot of photos to catch up on! 

4 comments:

beka said...

i hope your back situation gets figured out really fast! goodness, -1? that's chilly to say the least!

i think it's cool that you're going to start updating your blog, dear:)

Anonymous said...

I haven't blogged either! Just wrote a post today! Your life seem so busy! How do you find the time to do everything?! I love reading your blog.

Libby said...

I'm so sorry about your back! Have you had issues for a long time? Hope the appointment with the specialist goes well. Enjoy your days off! I thought it was cold in WA, but that's ridiculous. Stay warm!

soul_searching_mama said...

Thanks, ladies! :) I'm very happy to be blogging again. I need to prioritize time to do it again, though. There will likely be transitions in the next week or two. :)

I also hope my back situation is figured out soon. I've had back issues off and on for a few years, but they have been particularly bad the past few months (come to find out it is a bulging disc). No bueno. I just want to be doing something already...something that is at least progressing toward a solution. *sigh*

It has been chilly, but luckily it should warm up to the 40s in the next day or two. :)

And Heather - apparently I sacrifice sleep in order to get things done, as it is almost 3am here and I'm up in solidarity with John while he writes a school paper. I'm going to regret this in the morning when I get an hour of sleep before my three year-old wakes me up by jabbing me with the pointy parts of the transformer he insisted on sleeping with tonight. *sigh* :)