
Happy Birthday Uncle Rick!! That picture above is my Uncle Rick with his daughter (my cousin),Megan, at a family reunion earlier this month when we were back home for a visit. My uncle has only been home for a month or two and we are all very grateful he is home. He spent the last year serving in Iraq as an Army Reserve medic and before that he served a year in Afghanistan. We are very proud of his service and sacrifice, and very very thankful that he is home safe. When he is stateside he is an LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) at the VA hospital, and he enjoys his work. He is happily married and has two wonderful children. He is an amazing artist which I have always appreciated, since I am an aspiring artist. If I have even one-tenth the talent that he has at the end of my lifetime, I would consider myself successful. He is also a voracious reader, and particularly loves Stephen King novels; a love he shares with my mom, his younger sister. He is sarcastic and witty, but has a really good heart. I have a lot of funny and wonderful memories of him growing up and I always enjoy seeing him and catching up. He is a really wonderful person and I hope that he has been enjoying his birthday in Las Vegas with my aunt! Happy Birthday, Rick! We all love you! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment