Apparently my son thought it would be a good idea to stick his head through the window on his teepee and then stand up so that it fell down. His arms were trapped inside and I heard little whines coming from his bedroom so I go running in there and discover him trapped in his teepee. I thought he was hurt until I go to lift him out and as soon as his arms were freed, he stops whining and starts eating the oatmeal cookie that he had in his hand. *sigh*



Johnny and I had homemade pizza, oatmeal cookies, and we went to the free night at the Children's Museum today. We had a lot of fun, but oh my goodness, I don't think I could survive another free night there. It was packed and people were pushy and impatient. It was hard to keep track of Johnny and it wasn't all that pleasant with all the noise and crowds. Even Johnny was getting overly stimulated and grumpy. At one point he was playing in the tunnels with a raccoon puppet and when he came out he was crying and holding his face. I think some kid hit him and took the raccoon. Little brat knew he'd get away with it since he did it inside the tunnels where parents can't see. We had met up with my friend Konstance and her boys too and all three of them were having trouble keeping it together too. We all ended up leaving the museum after only being there a little over an hour and just played at the playground outside like we had when we were waiting for the museum to open for the free night. That was a lot more enjoyable, especially since it cooled down about twenty degrees in the hour we were inside the museum (from high 90s to 70s...and it is supposed to be even cooler tomorrow. Hurray! :) ).
We love the Children's Museum, but the free nights are too much for us. And we can't afford the ticket prices, so until we get a museum family pass, we probably won't be going back. I hope that we can get Johnny a pass at some point, because I think he'd get a lot of use out of it for the next year we're living here, especially in the winter. Plus we'd get to choose what time of day and what day of the week we wanted to go...particularly days when it isn't busy.
Prestyn
Trenton
He was a Whole Foods worker - just like his daddy! :)
2 comments:
That looks like a ton of fun!
If we decide to get you guys a family pass for one of Johnny's birthday presents, I think I want it to be to the museum and not the zoo. Hmmm. Love, Mom
Post a Comment