Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Johnny warms up to a dog

The past few days have been busy but overall fairly uneventful.  Our washer stopped working in our apartment this past weekend and the maintenance guy (very cute! but I love John best. :)) fixed it after he pulled out a shredded Johnny sock from the motor or some other part of the washer.  Now it is working fine, which is good because those few days got me behind on laundry.  Today, however, Johnny and I had a playdate at my friend Kristen's house.  It was really laid back, but fun.  Kristen just adopted a dog named Roxy who is really sweet and gentle around children.  Johnny warmed up to her immediately and loved her, which was surprising since he is usually afraid of dogs. I'm glad though; he even put his hand out for her to smell before he petted her, just like I've been telling him every time we've encountered dogs in the past.  He loved chasing her around the yard and wrestling and tickling her.  He really loved her.  We'll still never own a dog because neither John nor myself is a dog person, but at least Johnny won't be afraid of dogs in the future, which is good. :)  







































Now, I'm going to get back to my date night with the husband since he's back from the store with ice cream. :)  We watched Valentine's Day - just as good as when I saw it in movie theaters!  We're about to start watching The Road, which I'm sure is going to be scary and sad.  We both loved the book, because it was well-written, not because it was uplifting or anything.  In fact, I'm terrified of post-apocalyptic movies, but the book was so good that we figured we'd watch the movie too.  I think it is going to be tough for us to sit through it though, because when we read the book I was pregnant with Johnny, and that was hard enough.  But now that we have Johnny here and know him and we have a face to envision in our heads, I think this will be a tough movie to get through. John has tried to read the book again since we've had Johnny and he couldn't get past the first couple of pages because he kept picturing Johnny.  Well, anyway, I don't want to leave you all on a disturbing note or anything.  Just wanted to let you know what we were up to and what we were watching.  Have a good week everyone! :)

No comments: