Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blackberry Cobbler

I know I posted on the blog only a few hours ago about our urban garden adventure, but I had some blackberries I got on sale last week that I needed to use up (I am a huge berry fan, but blackberries are the only ones I don't like to eat plain), and I made some delicious blackberry cobbler.  John had to work from nine until midnight, so after Johnny was in bed, I was all by myself.  So, I curled up on our new comfy couch with some oolong tea and watched Parenthood - I love that show! :)  Right before it started I mixed up the ingredients for a blackberry cobbler (I wrote down this recipe a couple of years ago on a notecard, and I have no idea where I got it or who to give credit to; if you do, please leave it in the comments) and threw it in the oven while I watched my show.  It was a super easy recipe and so very delicious.  It isn't the healthiest dessert, but a little bit goes a long way in making me happy. :)  Now I'm just waiting for my husband to get home so he can try some of the delicious cobbler and then we'll head to bed, because I'm tired.  The recipe is below, for those of you that would like to try it. Enjoy!

Blackberry Cobbler

3 cups fresh blackberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour 
1 cup sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 lb butter

First, wash the blackberries.


Melt butter in 8x8 pan or casserole dish.
Mix blackberries and 3/4 cup sugar.
Mix flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and milk.


Pour cake mixture into the melted butter and spread evenly. 
Pour berry mixture on top of the cake mixture.


Bake at 375*F for about 1 hour (mine was done a little less than an hour).
Cake should cover the berries and be golden brown when done.

 
Serve warm with ice cream or milk on top.  Or plain, as I like it. :)


The Verdict: easy & delicious! :)
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great, it looks so good that now I want your Dad to rush to the store and purchase blackberries! Love, Mom