Can't you tell that he is thrilled to have pictures taken of him? Well, in case you can't guess it, he is most definitely not thrilled about it. He was chilling in his box drinking juice as if it was the most normal thing in the world to be doing. I thought that it would be innocent and simple enough to take a picture of him in the box. I was wrong. As soon as the camera came out, he started shrieking and screaming and yelling at me in his own language. I'm guessing I broke some sort of rule that you don't take pictures or interfere with a boy and his box? Who knew?

Can you see the pleading in his eyes? He is whining to his dad to get me to stop taking pictures of him and leave him alone...yeesh. I ended up putting the camera away after this picture and he immediately commenced with drinking juice in his box. Message received: mommy is not welcome to communicate in any way with said boy when he is in said box.
***
On another note, we ended up going out to Red Robin for a birthday lunch/dinner (we went at 3pm - that's right, it's not just old people). We really hardly ever eat out and the only reason we decided to eat out was that we had signed up for the Red Robin mailing list a while ago and they sent us coupons for a free entree on our birthdays. We each got a coupon and had to use them within the next week, so we decided to use them together. Our meals ended up being free, so all we had to pay for was drinks, the boy's meal, and a tip. That's an awesome deal! :) John had the guacamole burger (his favorite) and I had the Whiskey River BBQ Chicken Burger (my favorite). If there is a restaurant that you like and eat at occasionally, you could save money by signing up for their newsletter/eclub or knowing when is the best time to eat there. Some restaurants, like Red Robin, give out coupons on birthdays for free dinners or desserts. They will also mail you other coupons or promotional offers throughout the year. Other restaurants offer free meals to kids on certain days of the week. If you haven't looked into deals like these before, then maybe you should - there are good deals to be had. :) Since John's birthday is on Monday, it was a combined birthday celebration - we both had a lot of fun too! Johnny especially had a lot of fun drinking most of mommy's milkshake and eating chicken strips and fries. The only bad part of the outing was that it started snowing really hard while we were at the restaurant. Good ol' Denver and its random weather...

3 comments:
I love a cheap meal! Tuesday is kids eat free day at Lone Star. We use to go every Tuesday when we lived right across the street. I think Lone Star is calling my name this Tuesday since it's kids eat free and they have a deal going where two can dine for 20.00 which includes appetizer, 2 entrees and something else.
Glad you had a nice lunch/dinner for your late birthday (: We don't have Red Robin here ): It does look rather fabulous! I find that the key to taking pictures of uncooperative children is to start young & take LOTS of pictures! My children actually REQUEST pictures now, LOL i hope i haven't ruined them for life! (I seriously have an obession, it may be getting out of control =D )
I love "the boy in the box". Makes you wonder what Johnny's imagination was coming up with. Was it a fort, a car, a plane a wagon or what? Hmmm. Love, Mom
Post a Comment