Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Christy! :)

Today is my aunt Christy's birthday! :)  Happy Birthday!!!!!!  Christy is an awesome aunt and I am looking forward to seeing her when we go back to WA on monday (I'm doing a happy dance, which you can't see since I'm writing this...too bad for you)!  Christy is one of the most pure souls I know - you can't help but be happy and in an uplifting mood when you around her.  Her laugh is amazing and she has a wonderful sense of humor.  :)  She probably has one of the biggest hearts - as far back as I can remember in my life, she has always appeared to me as a caring person filled with a laughter.  She is a loving mother of three kids (Matthew, Sarah, & Jeremy), and adoring grandmother of two grandsons - Austin & Andrew.  :)  She is a movie enthusiast, a gardener, a maker of jewelry (really pretty jewelry too! I have a bracelet she made for me that I really really love), a wonderful cook & baker (she makes this strawberry cake that is to die for), and an all-around fun & carefree person.  She has done a great deal of kind & wonderful things for me over the years, and I am very proud to call her my aunt.  I am praying & hoping that she has a very wonderful birthday today and I just want her to know that she is in my thoughts and prayers. :)

I realize this picture is a bit fuzzy, but I think this is a great picture of my aunt - it captures her smile perfectly! :)  This was taken Christmas Eve 2007 - Johnny's first Christmas.  Johnny has always been fascinated by her - her laugh, her smile, her curly hair, her fun carefree nature.  He has always laughed and been silly around her, which is saying a lot about her infectious personality because he can be really shy around people. :)  

Happy Birthday! :)

On another note: we have a busy week ahead of us getting things ready for our trip back home to WA state - things to pack, Christmas gifts to finish up, and other various errands to finish up this week.  I am hoping to be able to post a couple more times on this blog before we leave, but just in case I don't, you all know why I haven't.  We are looking forward to seeing all of our family & friends for Christmas - send some prayers or some positive thinking our way so that we can avoid massive amounts of snow during our 18 hr trip on Monday and avoid any illnesses (especially for Johnny) while we are around loads of people for the holidays. :)


No comments: