Sunday, November 8, 2009

Twilight Excuses

I have a really good excuse as to why I haven't posted in the past two days & don't really have much to talk about today either.  It is really brilliant...prepare to be "dazzled"...ready?

Wait for it....
 ...
...
...
...
...
...





I'm rereading the Twilight books.  I started yesterday and am halfway down (I'm a really fast reader).  Yep, I've been letting Johnny play with John or play independently while I've been reading here and there.  (I have stopped for long periods of time to make dinner, play some with Johnny, feeding/changing diapers/bathing/giving kisses, and all of that.)  So, I haven't been a horrible mother--in fact I've only read for about an hour and a half today because of Mass and other things we had to do.  Plus, John has homework so I didn't want to leave him to take care of Johnny too.  BUT it does feel really great to tune some of it out now & then and read books for pleasure.  Before Johnny was born I used to read A LOT--anybody who knows me knows that.  I'm talking five books on average a week--most of them classics.  Then once I had Johnny the only books I really had time to read were dense Theology books or other school books for college. The exceptions were Christmas, Spring, & Summer breaks when I had a bit more time to read for pleasure.  Now that I'm out of school I should be reading more, but I got caught up in chasing around a two year old that I forgot to stop and do something that was important for me too.  Sure, I still read (reading is sort of like breathing to me, so I am never long without reading something), but not as much as I wish I could.  

So, I've decided to start reading a lot more.  And you know what?  I don't feel bad about it.  Nope.  Not even a little bit.  Sure, Johnny may have to play by himself for short periods of time sometimes and not have my undivided attention 24/7, but really what harm can come from him seeing his mommy curled up with a good book on the couch??  At the very least, he'll gain a healthy appreciation & love for books.  He already does like books and is always interested in copying me when I have a book, so seeing more of it should be a good thing.  On top of that, the more I take time to read, the more relaxed I become and the more pleasant I am.  This will give me more energy when I do play and spend time with Johnny.  (I hope.)  I may even start blogging some book reviews on here too.  

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know what I have been up to, so that there isn't a horribly long gap in between blog posts again. :)  

On a funnier note: yesterday morning Johnny was playing with the Russian nesting dolls again.  He was lining them up by size and filling the big one with the little ones in order.  Then he started putting them all back together correctly (this is the first time he has done this).  Finally, he took the biggest one--the girl (isn't the girl in the Nutcracker named Clara??) and had her kiss the next biggest one--the Nutcracker.  He even made kissing noises when he did.  It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen him do with toys (sometimes he feeds his dinosaurs his banana & lays them down & covers them with a blanket which is really cute too...usually followed by growling & wrestling).  When he was done making them kiss he looked up at me and gave me this huge smile.  :)  He was really proud of himself for making them kiss.  Apparently all of these kisses I've been giving him every time he comes within arms reach (he makes kissing noises whenever I do--even if I kiss him on the forehead) have been influencing him in good ways, because now he is sharing the love with his toys! :)  It was pretty darn cute, I must admit.  Now if only he would be okay with mommy & daddy kissing (I'm not talking full on making out here--the kid won't even let us hug or give a quick kiss...he always comes to mommy's "rescue" and pushes daddy away. *sigh*)...


Well, I'm going to head back to reading my Twilight books.  If you own the series, I encourage you to reread them too, and if you've never read them before you really need to be bitten (I couldn't help myself--a vampire pun really needed to make its way in here somewhere) by the Twilight hysteria.  (And no, watching the movie doesn't count...the movies are never as good at the book. Not by a long shot.)  For those of you out there that have been bitten, which team are you on?  Team Edward or Team Jacob?? 

5 comments:

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

I have read them all and couldn't put them down either...LOL

soul_searching_mama said...

I think this is my 3rd or 4th time reading through the series and every time I'm just as entertained as the first. :) They are quite addicting!

Tia Colleen said...

I switched from team Edward to team Jacob somewhere around the middle of Eclipse, I think. I already have my tickets for New Moon. Well, my friend has them, but, we've already got our date set, and I'll be there opening night, haha.

You WON my stevia giveaway!! Send me your address!!

Christopher and tia at yahoo dot com

soul_searching_mama said...

I won your Stevia giveaway?! Awesome!! I will send you my address. :) Thank you!

I struggle between team Edward & team Jacob too. Sometimes I feel like Edward is too controlling & Jacob is just so great for Bella and perfect for her. I guess in the end it is good that he imprinted on her daughter, but part of me thinks she'd be happier with Jacob. And then I also sympathize with the fact that Edward is her soul mate and she can't choose who she loves too. I didn't expect to be Team Jacob in the beginning at all, but I'm pretty split. :)

Unknown said...

I am partial to Jacob's character, but I also like Edward. I was there on opening night for New Moon, and I loved it! Wishing you were there Jess. The theater we were in wasn't filled with so many screaming teenager's this year. (Can't say that I missed that!) There were more Mom's (my age) so I didn't appear like the only DORK! Well, me Eileen and Theresa. Of course I don't think Theresa is the same age as Eileen and I. I have seen the movie a second time (11/28/09) with your Dad, Joseph and Angy. Joseph had only negative comments of course, but your Dad and Angy enjoyed it for what it was. Again, wished you could have been there. I LOVE and MISS you baby girl, Mom.