Monday, November 2, 2009

Alone Again...

We are alone again...my dad flew home this morning.  :(  I am extremely grateful that he was able to come and visit us for the entire weekend, but I wish it wasn't going to be January before we could see him or my mom or any of the rest of our family and friends again.  *sigh*  It will get easier to live 1000 miles from everyone eventually, right?




...saying "goodbye"...


2 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

It actually does get easier living so far away from your loved ones. I remember our first year, after Christopher joined the Air Force, I thought I'd never make it. I told him we'd have to find a way to go home every 6 months, we'd have to find a way. And then things settled down, I got busier, and phone conversations became the new Sunday night dinner party at the parents house. I haven't seen my dad in 2.5 years, and hes finally going to be flying down this Christmas. I miss him dearly, but, its gotten better.

I bet y'all had such a nice visit. Hope you took lots and lots and lots of pictures.

*sigh*

soul_searching_mama said...

I'm glad to know that it does get easier. :) I am sorry to hear that you haven't seen your dad in 2.5 years! That has to be really tough. I am glad that he will be visiting for Christmas this year though. :) Thanks for your comment--it helped to put things in perspective for me.