Disgusting, right?
It snowed all day and it is still snowing. The news says that it will probably snow all tomorrow too but then melt on Friday since it is supposed to be really warm Friday and the weekend. Bizarre, right? What is crazy is that a city that commonly gets snow shuts down universities and the drivers FREAK OUT when it snows even a little. This is nothing compared to winters back in Spokane. During the snowstorms in Spokane the last two winters Gonzaga was only closed one day. It took five feet of snow, teachers unable to drive to work, and semi-trucks skidding off the main road in town for things to start closing. John's school closed down the whole university (including the library) this afternoon after a few inches of snow. What the heck? A couple inches of snow is nothing to freak out about...when you can't drive your car out of the driveway because the height of the snow is half the size of your car (or more) then you should worry. Not that it isn't nice to have John's classes canceled every now and then...it will just get really aggravating if every time they get a couple inches of snow they shut down the city. This isn't Seattle or anything where snow is uncommon...this is DENVER. We were warned that they get a lot of snow. Man up, Denver. Good grief! [Just a side note: I would prefer if it did NOT snow again. I would be perfectly happy. The end.]
On another note, my son found my old Russian nesting dolls that I've had since I was a kid. They are handmade from Russia and my mom bought them for me when I was a lot younger. The set is based on The Nutcracker. I don't remember what the occasion was, but I do remember them being apart of my life for a long time. Anyway, Johnny found them and has been OBSESSED with them ever since. He likes to line them up by size and look at the intricate paintings on them (they really are amazing). I am glad that he is getting a lot of enjoyment out of them. I think he even knows how to count in an internal sort of way (not like counting out loud)...I would sneak the littlest nesting doll--a Christmas Tree--and he would look down and kind of count them to himself and knew when I took one. Every time I did it. It was really amusing. :) He will have to be a little older before I let him keep them in his room because he has been a little rough on them and I don't want the paint chipped. For now I have them in our room stashed away for emergencies or for those times when Johnny is being bratty and needs a good distraction. :)
And the last note: Johnny is getting to the age that he notices kissing. He always has to break up John & I when we kiss, but today was the first day he noticed it in a movie and was grossed out. We were watching Beauty & the Beast and at the end when the Beast turns back into the Prince and they kiss Johnny started pointing his finger at them and yelling in his toddler language. I couldn't help it--it made me laugh. But I'm not looking forward to when he thinks mommy kisses are "gross"... :( So far those are the only kisses he likes!

No comments:
Post a Comment